Another week has passed by, and I've actually had a lot of progress! The backing fabric for the Reunion cushions arrived last week so I was finally able to assemble them. The tops had already been pieced and quilted, so the final assembly went really fast. As usual, I used this tutorial for a basic cushion cover.
Last week I mentioned for the love designs, in particular the Frankie pattern which I had started cutting for. The quilt is only comprised of two different blocks, and chain piecing them together was a breeze. The top isn't quite done, but all of the blocks are finished and probably half of them are sewn into sections. Here's a peek of one of the sections, which incidentally is hanging sideways! The fabric is Freebird by Momo for Moda, with Kona Ash as a background colour and a little Sweetwater Reunion thrown in (lower left).
Lastly this week is this sweet little hexagon flower. This is for Chelsea, who is hosting this month in the bee I am participating in. She already has a hexagon quilt in the works and has requested each bee member to reach into our own scraps and make her a few flowers to add to her top. I made a whole ton of hexagons last summer on our road trip to Disneyland and haven't made any since, but I seemed to remember how and these came together in a few evenings. I still have a few more flowers in the works for Chelsea.
I still have quilt tops waiting to be quilted, but I don't feel like re-hashing that every week! So for now, I'll leave you with this photo showing my new sewing spot! I used to be tucked in a corner of our living room, which was fine, but my ironing board is generally on the other side of the room and I was walking back and forth constantly so we rearranged things so that my machine could be in front of the window. I love it! So much more light, fresh air, ahhhhhh. :)