Sunday, November 25, 2012

Family passport wallets for everyone!!

Okay, maybe not everyone, but it felt like it this week!  I had three custom orders for family passport wallets just this week, plus the already-made one that I had listed in my shop sold!  Phew!  These were all wonderful customers, great to deal with, lots of communication, totally awesome experience!  Without further ado I must give credit to Amber from One Shabby Chick for her great pattern.  Easy to follow, straight forward, and a great finished product.  Thanks Amber!

First up, this customer requested red/orange, and wanted a 6-passport version.  She wanted it to be able to fit in a certain travel bag though, so I modified the 6-pocket design to still have 6 pockets but to be the finished size of the 4-pocket wallet.  And guess what?  It worked!  {forgive the terrible indoor dreary day photos....}


Next up, I had a customer who wanted purple with aqua.  She also requested the same neutral for the interior lining and the strap that I had used for this wallet, and I had just enough to make that happen for her!  Again, the lighting was not great and these colours are not totally true, but I really like how this one turned out.  The colours look so much nicer together in person than they do in these pictures.  It was the best I could do before mailing it off!


The final custom made wallet is not quite in the works yet because specific fabric was requested, which I needed to order.  You'll be sure to see it once it's done though, it's a bit of a sweet story!

Fresh Poppy Design

15 comments:

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

They look fantastic Heather! Yet again they look so professionally made and finished.

Jenelle said...

Fun! Custom orders must be kind of exciting to work on. :) You did a great job tweaking the pattern on the first wallet. It looks like everything fits really well.

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Heather! They look both so beautiful and carefully made! I'm happy for you to have lovely customers! x Teje

Susan said...

Your work is wonderful Heather- they look so professional and finished! (oh, Jess said that!)

Patti said...

I'm just so pleased for you Heather! Your shop is really starting to take off! The passport wallets look fantastic!

Kristan said...

Beautiful as always, Heather!

Nat at Made in Home said...

I made the 4 passport one, such a great thing to have - everyone should have one!

Katie B said...

Very nicely done!

Alisa said...

That's great, Heather!

Kimberly said...

Beautiful! And I hear you on the "whew"...

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

These are beautiful - your customers must be delighted :)

Kirsten said...

These travel wallets are fantastic Heather!

M-R Charbonneau said...

Those look great, Heather! Well done!

Toni said...

Congratulations on all the sales! That must be exciting. They all look great and I bet you can whip those babies out pretty quickly by now!

CitricSugar said...

Yay for you all and all the demand for your work! :-)

Great job = and I love your lunchbag, too, by the way!