Thursday, September 6, 2012

Last Minute Gift....

My sister and her family are making a long distance move, leaving this weekend.  Last week she wondered about the passport wallet I had made for our family.  Of course I was happy to make one for them too!


I didn't have time to be as indecisive about fabric choices as I usually am, especially considering we don't live in the same town so the wallet would have to be mailed in order to get there before the weekend.  So due to the short order, I kept it pretty simple using Kona Coal for pretty much the whole thing, but I spiced it up with just a little bit of patchwork.


I managed to scrounge up enough passports in our house so you could see that this wallet holds 6.  There is also an outside pocket that runs the length of the wallet for them to hold loose papers or other travel documents. 


The pattern is by Amber of One Shabby Chick, do check it out if you think a passport wallet like this might be something your family could use - the pattern includes a 4-passport and a 6-passport version.  We haven't traveled with the one I made for us yet, but I'm already happy to have something to hold all of our passports together, even while they live in the drawer most of the time!

Fresh Poppy Design

13 comments:

Katie B said...

This looks great. Your sister will really appreciate it!

heidi said...

Love it!

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

Beautiful job Heather - it looks brilliant (you finish things so well!)

Kimberly said...

Beautiful! I have that pattern too and really need to give it a go!

LimeRiot said...

What a great idea! I really love the use of the solid grey with the patchy bright scraps. Such a nice contrast.

Debbie said...

oh the patchwork just makes it .... so nice and neat!

maria said...

Great gift. I love the colour scheme you've used.

Grandma G said...

So pretty, and so nicely done!

Dayna said...

It looks absolutely perfect! I'd love to make one of these. There are 7 of us, but my husband carries his own.

Great work!

Janice @ Better off Thread said...

that is SOOO pretty! I need to make a 4 passport one and then book a trip!

Shannon said...

This is beautiful, the workmanship and finishing details really make it stand out from the crowd!

Kristan said...

This is really nice, and so thoughtful of you! Thanks for linking the pattern. We're planning a cruise with an international stop soon, so this is going on my list!

Cynthia@wabisabiquilts said...

Beautiful and functional - and beautifully made. What a great project!