Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tuesday at the Table


I don't think I have ever posted a recipe on my blog. I am not one who particularly loves to cook or bake, I tend to stick with the "same old" recipes, that keep us fed but never really seem worth sharing. But since it is Valentine's Day, and it is "Tuesday at the Table", (and Debbie is offering a prize....) I figured why not!

We don't often have dessert at our house, but today I decided to make something. This is a "same old" recipe, but it is so good and we all like it, so for Valentine's Day it seemed like a good choice!

Chocolate Cobbler

1 cup flour
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp, plus 1/4 cup baking cocoa, divided
1/2 cup milk
3 Tbsp oil
1 cup packed brown sugar
1-3/4 cups boiling water

Combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and 2 Tbsp cocoa. Stir in milk and oil until smooth. Pour into 8x8 greased baking pan. Combine brown sugar and remaining cocoa powder in a mixing bowl. Sprinkle over batter. Pour boiling water over all (do not stir!). Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Serve warm. Yields 6-8 servings.

P.S. I would recommend putting a larger baking sheet or tin foil under the pan, as the cobbler tends to bubble over a bit!

Happy Valentine's Day!

5 comments:

Katie B said...

Oh, my! That sounds delicious!!

Debbie said...

mmm....that looks & sounds kind of like 'chocolate pudding cake' I used to make for my dad....looks so yummy & I WILL be trying it! Thanks for sharing, Heather, & thanks for linking up! ;-)

Toni said...

That looks delicious, Heather! And I agree with Debbie, I think that's what my mom always called chocolate pudding cake. Chocolate Cobbler sounds better though!

Emma said...

Mmmm....you had me at chocolate!

code reduction said...

Chocolate cobbler look so yummy.I really like this blog.I try to make it at home.It really yummy.